What Is Web Development?: The Key Points
Have you ever wondered what web development is in simple words? Let’s take a closer look at this issue.
Web development is the programming that allows a website to work according to its owner’s specifications. It focuses on coding and markup writing, and web design and development encompasses everything from simple text pages to large web-based apps.
- HTML defines a website’s basic framework, on which everything is built. It comprises blocks that define the layout, format, and essential components of a page.
- CSS is a technique for styling a website’s content with a minimal set of files shared throughout the site. Whenever a change needs to be made, such as changing the colour of all the buttons on every website page, a web developer only needs to edit one CSS file.
What Does Full-stack Web Development Mean?
Front-end developers, back-end developers, and full-stack developers are the three types of web developers.
A front-end developer is responsible for the website’s visual aspects (navigation bar, layout, etc.) and its interaction and the tying together of all its pieces.
Back-end developers manage the website’s hosting services, database, and apps, among other activities that ensure the website operates successfully.
- taking care of databases and servers,
- programming for cross-platform and multi-language functionality,
- monitoring new technologies that may be useful to the company,
- creating Minimal viable products (MVPs).
Difference between Web Development and Software Development
Web development, as previously mentioned, is the process of creating a website for the internet, which varies from creating simple web pages to E-commerce websites. Its main goal is to deliver high-quality content on the website and add and update information regularly and build confidence among users.
Software development is a method of building software products that involve understanding user needs and then designing, testing, and producing software to meet those goals. It primarily focuses on locating and implementing the appropriate code and ensuring that standard quality is met.
We hope our article was helpful to you and you learned more about web development.