Every professional regardless of his level of qualification needs to have an effective resume so that other people know that he exists.
Today, paper resumes are a thing of the past, being replaced by modern, 24/7 accessible resume websites. It’s a perfect tool to significantly increase your online presence, create an image, and impress any employer!
1. Benefits of a resume website
A decent resume website allows you to:
• become more accessible to recruiters;
• get a significant competitive advantage over many other applicants;
• get a lot more chances to get the desired job;
• freely express creativity and get a chance to demonstrate your personality in comparison with a paper resume;
• show that you have some special skills;
• get a more dynamic tool for your promotion.
2. Ideas for creating your effective resume website
When creating your online resume, add the following:
• links to any articles about you or your work;
• your presentation video;
• cool, professional headshot;
• easy infographics, that are illustrating statistics of your achievements and other multimedia (for example, interactive timelines to show your professional achievements over time);
• feedback and recommendations from your past and current employers;
• links to your social profiles.
• create a page for each section of the resume website (and make it fully searchable!);
• get a personal, memorable domain name for your site.
3. How to build a good resume website
If you don’t want to spend too much money or time on creating a efficient resume website, then you have two ways to do it:
1. Use an online resume creator: such a platform allows you to build quick & smooth online resume suitable for most non-creative specialties. But they have a few drawbacks:
• if you have some specific vision of the layout of your website, you hardly find a suitable template that will fit your needs. And you won’t find enough options to modify the design yourself;
• in most cases, these platforms lack some handy features (like contact forms or the ability to download files).
2.Use a website builder: this is next-level professional tool for creating a unique resume website using the professionally-made templates and wider design customization options, including integrated AI.
However, most of the website builders have one big problem: it is difficult to use these opportunities because the editor is too complicated, not to mention the website templates look too similar.
If you need to make a cool resume website but you’re not willing to spend a month or two on that, try using Weblium, a free website builder that offers some crucial innovations.
Firstly, it is the most easy-to-understand and easy-to-use drag-n-drop editor, which allows you to create a modern resume website in just a couple of days.
Secondly, Weblium offers the deepest template editing options available today: you can fully customize the design of the blocks or the tiniest individual elements as you like. This feature easily solves the problem of all other website builders: you can create a unique website that will look like no other!
Add to this professionally-made templates designed to meet current design trends and created based on in-depth analysis of top resume websites from around the world – and you will get the perfect (and completely free!) online tool to create your resume website.