We have entered the digital era, where everything, from sales to purchases could be done with the use of mobile devices. There is only one well-grounded conclusion we could draw on this: eCommerce and eCommerce development is here to stay. eCommerce is a big platform growing at an unrivaled rate all throughout the world.
People from all walks of life, from every age do their shopping from the various electronic and web stores. Online shopping offers more happiness than doing shopping in brick-and-mortar shopping establishments. As more and more apps and websites are focusing on eCommerce, finding anything on an e-store is simple and fast.
In the years to come the growth of electronic commerce and eCommerce website development would escalate like never before with all the current technologies and the continuous evolvement of the industry. The online shopping rate is growing beyond measure, driving business owners and entrepreneurs’ crazy in keeping their robust place in the online dash.
Acing the eCommerce game however does not only mean building a website, stocking products and selling. Electronic commerce is one of the most dynamic industries to have emerged, thus you must catch up with the ever-evolving trends.
We’re already halfway through 2020, and despite the global pandemic, we still have to do our daily tasks, including keeping businesses afloat. There are so many trends when it comes to web and app development, also so many shopping cart solutions and platforms, such as for instance the very popular Shopify platform. Should you wish to hire the services of a Shopify development company like eTatvaSoft, you should take a look first at the emerging trends in the eCommerce realm this year.
Top Trends in eCommerce Web Development
1. Artificial Intelligence, AI. Without doubt the first because it has thoroughly revolutionized the business space altogether. Digitally mature companies have a well-defined Artificial Intelligence strategy. Expect that more and more establishments would embrace the technology to bring change in several functionalities.
Majority of organizations already are leveraging AI to identify customer segmentation and market patterns based on the browsing history of people. Retailers as a matter of fact have realized a significant increase in sales after they implemented personalization techniques that are AI-based. Personalization after all holds the key to better customer relationships and a reinforced brand identity ultimately.
2. Voice Search. Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri no longer are secrets. They’re very much around, creating a difference in how people look for information or search their favorite song. The driving force behind these elements is the power of voice command, something that allows you to make the change from ‘typing’ to ‘speaking’.
Google has revealed that 72 percent of people with voice-activated speaker say they use it as part of their day-to-day lives. It therefore means people would be uttering longer sentences to find something out. This is where using long-tail, relevant keywords in the product page should be smarter so that it appears on the queries of users.
3. AR, Augmented Reality. Definitely, the in-thing these days is online shopping. It brings more convenience to shopping. Nevertheless, a big portion of customers still do the old-school way, opting to purchase a product when they experience it.
This is where AR, or Augmented Reality plays. It whisks customers away into a simulation experience, giving them a complete idea of how a product would feel and look in real life. It would be of the best interest of any business today to integrate an AR feature so customers will be more inclined to purchase.
4. Intensified Shipping Options. The retail field in the past few years witnessed logistics and shipping languish. Several enhancements, such as free shipping were done left and right. Yet, nothing came up until 2013, the year when the same-day delivery became a mainstream wonder.
Since then, things started to gain momentum, such as for instance the testing drone deliveries made by Amazon. By incorporating with Google Maps, the specialized drones could determine the briefest route to the destination.
Today, this trend is likely to escalate as major technology enhancements are coming along. Soon, drones would be a viable element of most retailers.
5. Automated Marketing. In the eCommerce space, marketing automation is not new. Some organizations in fact have achieved 17 percent higher CTR already utilizing custom automation workflows. Now, businesses have to fold it more than the usual.
Aside from automating email marketing and social media posts, marketing automation now has become more on shopping carts that are easy to access, and customized landing pages as well.
With the right marketing automation strategy, you could send out personalized emails to customers and your prospects, use the shopping history of people to showcase new products and promotions, and re-target customers. It’s a superb way off influencing the perception of buyers and attracting them to purchase from your brand.
6. Social Payments. The shopping experience of consumers this year is getting more streamlined with the rises of social payments. Made popular by PayPal, the social payment options enable users to pay for their purchases via social media. Nearly all major social platforms nowadays have come up with their version.
Some notable platforms include WhatsApp Pay, GooglePay, ApplePay, Twitter Buy and Facebook payments. The payment methods work the same way as a digital bank account, only that it occurs on social media. On these platforms, users could purchase, or from online retailers offering social payment systems.
7. Subscription-Based Model. Companies that are subscription-based have gained a monumental grip recently. Much of it is due to the success that they deliver. For people in their 20’s, disposable incomes are higher than it was a couple of decades ago. The overall wealth however is lower, which indicates that the age group makes much less big one-off buys.
Today, the business industry could expect a momentous growth in the number of transition-based establishments more than ever. This eCommerce trend is noteworthy and has been growing steadily over the years.
Nevertheless, one of the most challenging areas for these brands, especially those that send product boxes monthly, is to sustain the sense of variety and value with every delivery. The generation idea for this should be robust enough and backed by a sturdy comprehension of the target market.
To Sum Up
The world constantly evolves, it’s changing. eCommerce would only get better and bigger this year and in the years to come. Evolving and new technologies help in achieving that.
Now, more than ever, eCommerce businesses should embrace the trends that suit their needs best. The better the user experience is, the better the sales will be.
Olivia Diaz is working at eTatvaSoft, an Enterprise level Mobile Application Development Company. Being a tech geek, she keeps a close watch over the industry focusing on the latest technology news and gadgets. Follow me on Twitter.