Don’t keep any doubts about stress and anxiety you can go through while navigating the New Jersey DUI laws. Having one of the NJ DWI lawyers by your side is all you need to counter these charges successfully. They help save flags in your driving records and escape huge penalties that you may face for DUI. Many people often stumble upon the question of how to find the best DUI lawyer in NJ. DUI laws in New Jersey are surprisingly complex in comparison to the other states of the country. Strict law enforcement officers and guidelines by the New Jersey Supreme Court make you go through the rigid conviction process. The municipal prosecutor can prove you guilty in the first hearing itself if you fail to get the best DUI attorney in NJ.
The price that you may pay in the absence of DUI lawyer New Jersey
If you face a driving under the influence charge, then court convictions, fines, and imprisonments are just a start for trouble that you may face. Always remember that it is not the only toll you pay for this. It also impacts the job, family life, thoughts, and social life of a person convicted. Below are few points that will explain to you the circumstances that you may face for DWI offenses in the absence of DUI lawyer New Jersey:-
- Longer jail terms– Drunk driving charges can land you in jail for up to ten years. If you fail to have any aggressive defense, then the situation can turn dramatically against your favor. You will be unable to collect and present enough evidence to prove your innocence in the absence of New Jersey DWI lawyers.
- Heavy penalties – DUI invites heavy penalties that can jeopardize your financial conditions. The fines that you need to pay when proven guilty in the courtroom can range from $250 to $1000. It is way more than the fee of a DUI attorney in New Jersey.
- Loss of Job – If you are in a driving profession, things can become alarming for you. If you get a DUI on your records, you may lose your job. It can also create problems for the people looking for a job as most companies do checks for records before hiring people.
- Anxiety and stress – You cannot even imagine how much pressure and stress you may go through while convicted for DWI. It is common for convicts to face undue harassment from police and other officers. Your mind has to handle the enormous pressure of legal procedures that you need to undergo for DWI charges.
- Forfeiture of driving license – There are high chances that authorities may cancel your driving license after being caught for DUI Charges. Under New Jersey DUI laws, the period for which authorities can suspend your DL ranges from six months to ten years.
Finding the best DUI attorney in NJ
Finding a lawyer for DWI defense should be your priority if you are facing conviction for such charges. As we said earlier also, navigating the DWI laws can turn into a nightmare without an experienced attorney by your side. Make sure you choose the best attorney for aggressive defense against such charges. Below are some points that you consider while finding the right attorney to handle DWI cases for you:-
- Referrals – The reputation of an attorney itself speaks about his expertise. You can ask for referrals from family members, friends, and even other attorneys such as your family law attorney to provide referrals for some good names to consider for DUI lawyers in New Jersey. It can help you to find relevant candidates without taking much stress.
- National College For DUI Defense – One of the best methods to get good candidates for handling DUI cases is the National College For DUI Defense. It is one of the unique non-profit organizations in the country that train and educate DUI lawyers. YOu can visit this website and can search for the Driving under the influence attorneys in your region.
- Avail free consultations – Almost every reputed attorney offers free consultations to the clients to discuss the situations. You can avail of these sessions to know the expertise and skills of the attorney before hiring them to handle your case. You can also discuss the complexity of your case and get insights into how he will tackle your situation.
- Check references of the past clients – The best way to know whether you have the right lawyer or not is to check the credentials of the past client. You can ask the potential candidates to provide references of people with whom they worked for similar charges and contact those people to know about their experiences while working with that attorney.
- Make sure to choose a local attorney – As per our experience, it is always wise to hire a local DWI lawyer in New Jersey as they have good relations with law enforcement officers and judges. They can use their good standings to collect evidence and minimize your penalties. A lawyer with a good relationship with prosecutors can settle your case even without the need to visit the courtroom.
- Compare the fee structure – It is not only about finding the right attorney, hiring an attorney with a suitable fee structure is also crucial. It is wise to compare the fee and charges of final candidates before hiring them. If the fee structure matches your affordability, then you can go ahead with hiring the candidate. Ask for the quotes well in advance to carry out the comparison.
We hope that now you understand the importance of DUI Lawyer in New Jersey and will be able to get the best DUI attorney in New Jersey by following our tips. One more thing that we want to highlight is to ensure the availability of an attorney. Make sure that your lawyer is available for your queries and concern and there is no communication gap as it can prove fatal while defending the DUI charges.