Online shopping has already gone through the roof of the Internet. If one has an idea to sell some products or services, choosing eCommerce is an excellent way to start. Are you one of these people who need to enter the web with their business? In this case, you can turn to our tutorial that explains how to build your eCommerce website.
What benefits does your online-store provide you with? It allows for strengthening the popularity of your business. In addition to this, you are free to expand your brand and attract people from all over the world. Anyway, many pieces of information claim to help in this complicated website-building process. Let us go through the main steps and present your growing business at its best…
1. Come Up With a Strategy
Every successful online store starts with an advanced strategy. It might seem a little bit obvious, but it is impossible to enter eCommerce without a plan. Like you are here, it is only your website, and you can do everything your soul wants. It does not work this way. You need to think about the smallest details to make sure your online-business turns out to be prosperous. For this reason, take care of:
- the essential needs and how they will grow together with your business;
- some challenges that you might face during the establishment of your online store.
As an example, if you want physical products, you need to know all the details about their shipping. If we are talking about digital products, you should also think about their delivery options and bandwidth. Furthermore, in both cases, you need to remember about payment methods and some additional aspects of them.
2. Choose the Most Suitable eCommerce Platform and Create a Domain Name
Extending and developing your brand might depend on one small detail. We are talking about a custom domain name. It provides your online-store with such advantages as:
- making your brand more recognizable, showing that it is your creation;
- allows creating a professionally-looking email that will enable people to communicate with you;
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) improvements.
Choosing the right eCommerce platform to build your online-store store is also crucial. Without a doubt, one wants to select a flexible and multi-functional variant that includes all the necessary options. Moreover, many people have no interest in working with code and spending their time learning its basics. Potential online store owners might have an existing website that can become a base for their online shop.
Now, you can get familiar with a selection of the most popular eCommerce platforms to build your eCommerce website.
Image Source: https://www.shopify.com/blog/merchant-overview-dashboard
Without a doubt, their sets of options are different from each other. In addition to this, some variants are better for those who have some crucial knowledge about programming. For this reason, you need to do research and choose something that fully meets your needs and background.
3. Work on the Pricing and Payment Method Aspects
The next step is essential because we are going to focus on such elements as pricing and payments. To build your eCommerce website, you need to answer three questions.
- What is your way of creating prices for your products?
- What is the way for customers to pay for them?
- How are you going to accept their payments?
4. Choose the Appropriate Theme to Build Your eCommerce Website
If you have taken care of the mentioned points, it is possible to choose the look of your online-stop. Every potential buyer wants to get familiar with a well-structured assortment. Furthermore, he or she needs to get an excellent user experience. In other words, you need to provide many instruments that make buying the desired items easy.
The most obvious elements to include are pages that inform all the visitors about your services.
- These include About Us that allows people to get familiar with your online store, its team, and popularity.
- Then, you can add a contact form that is perfect for those who want to communicate with you.
- Sharing some real photos of your products or team is a way to make others rely on you.
- You also need to come up with your logo that allows improving your recognition and branding.
What can we say about selecting the most suitable theme? In general, the highest number of essential options are available in the premium packages. If you have a high budget, you can choose everything you have an interest in. Anyway, it is better to focus on the main things to select your theme.
1. Think about your customers and their preferences. It will be easier to understand what they expect from your online store.
2. Choose a ready-made solution that can spread your message and present your brand.
3. Look for something that allows you to build your eCommerce website in a drag-and-drop way. It saves lots of time and helps novices to do everything in a flash.
We have prepared a few Shopify templates, Magento themes, WooCommerce templates, and PrestaShop themes. Maybe, you are going to find something for your taste among them.
By the way, are you a web developer who works on more than two orders? In this case, you can always turn to such a service as ONE Subscription. It provides 10300+ digital assets for a large number of purposes. Among them, you are going to find the following ready-made solutions:
- WordPress themes;
- eCommerce templates;
- presentation templates;
- HTML and CMS templates;
- and others.
This membership allows grabbing such benefits as:
- unlimited installations and downloads;
- 24/7 technical support;
- additional services.
In terms of pricing, you are free to choose from two plans.
1. Yearly access costs $14,90 per month. Yet, keep in mind that it is billed yearly for $179.
2. Lifetime access costs $599. It is a one-time fee that you need to purchase.
5. Promote Your Business and Analyze Your Website Performance
When you are ready with your online-store appearance and functionality, you need to drive sales and increase your audience. What can you do to make sure your online-store becomes accessible?
- Make it easier to find your website by getting an SEO-optimization for every product.
- Implement email marketing with MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, and other tools. You can also create your email lists and inform people about the latest updates and new offers.
- Integrate social media that allows sharing your products in different profiles.
- Create coupons and discounts to drive more attention to your assortment.
- Include a blog tool that allows improving engaging, sharing additional content, and building trust.
Then, you need to analyze your traffic and website performance. There are many website analysis tools to understand users and SEO. Thanks to them, you can understand:
- sources of your traffic;
- the most active traffic resources;
- the most popular pages of your online store.
We hope that we have managed to inspire you to build your eCommerce website. If you apply effort, your result will turn out to be excellent. Anyway, you need to continue improving your sales and reaching your potential visitors. Not everything depends on the website appearance and its set of functions. It is no doubt that you can realize all your ideas and grow your online shop. Thanks for reading!