Digital signage marketing and content marketing have been combined before, but not everyone knows that they can be used with mind mapping. Here is how to mix and serve digital signage and content marketing using mind maps.
What Is Digital Signage?
To put it simply, digital signage are the advertisements you see being displayed usually on the streets but also indoors that come in the form of digital installations. For example, these can be the running electronic sentences in public transport or over the shops. But these can also be other forms of displays that have advertisements on them.
Strategic digital signage and digital signage advertising are both considered to be digital signage marketing which is done on purpose. But there are also times when digital signage becomes unintentional marketing like when the news is reported in the electronic sentence running and a brand is mentioned in a positive context.
Digital signage technology has evolved over time, so your digital signage and marketing efforts will need to be coordinated in a way that fits current trends. In addition to that, you should also understand that digital signage is made up of three main parts that work together:
- Content: This is what appears in your digital signage installation. For example, the text and images in the installation are considered to be content just like the audio and video compounds.
- Hardware: This is the technology you use for your digital signage installation. For example, the screens on which the content is displayed and the speakers that the audio is played through are all considered hardware.
- Software: This is the digital framework or the programs that allow your digital signage installation to come to life. The software helps you at all stages of your involvement with the installation from creation to deployment to management to analysis.
How Has the World of Content Marketing Changed?
First of all, content marketing has become a more extensive notion. Now, even an essay writing service review site can give you an idea about where to find a suitable writer to create your content because so many professionals are actually competent to write different kinds of content no matter what kind of texts they usually write.
Secondly, most of your audience is now constantly on the go. The world is a busy place and most people are always out of time. This is why content marketing is trying to adapt to these new circumstances by creating content that can be consumed quickly, accessed easily, and processed effectively.
Content marketing is now more focused on smaller pieces of content like short articles and blog posts or even social media posts. All three can be accessed online at any time from anywhere and don’t require a lot of attention or time from your audience. This is why content marketing has transformed this much.
Consequently, digital signage is now being integrated into content marketing. The difference is that content marketing is usually used online while digital signage marketing is used offline. This is exactly why their combination creates a unique mix that targets audiences both online and offline.
What Are the Benefits of Combining Digital Signage and Content Marketing?
So, how exactly is digital signage being combined with content marketing, and what are the benefits of this mix? Here are just some things you can consider as advantages of combining digital signage and content marketing:
- Integration: Of course, the first thing you will notice is that you will be able to improve your integration. By integrating digital signage marketing with content marketing, you will learn how to combine different types of marketing and be able to improve your overall strategy. In addition to that, this kind of integration can actually strengthen your advertising campaign because all of its elements will now be working together towards a common aim.
- Innovation: What could be more innovative than integrating digital signage marketing and content marketing? This is one of the more recent trends that hasn’t become very widespread yet but already has a lot of potential. This means that if you try integrating digital signage advertising with your content marketing, you will be one of the first to do so. In fact, you might even become one of the innovators in this sphere and one of the most respected experts in the long run.
- Exposure: Because you are combining offline and online marketing tactics, you will be getting double the exposure you usually get when focusing solely on online or offline (traditional) advertising. For example, if you are a local business operating in a particular area, your content marketing strategy will probably rely greatly on local SEO. This also means that it is easier for you to decide where to place your digital signage installations within the area where you are located. As a result, the people who see your marketing online will also see your digital signage installations offline prompting them to engage with your business.
What Are the Best Practices of Combining Digital Signage and Content Marketing?
You could use a writing services review site to write the content for your digital signage installation, but you could also write it yourself. No matter what you choose though, a good digital signage and content marketing combination will need to be created by using some of the best practices to make it effective:
- Bringing Awareness to Your Cause and Your Content: One interesting thing about digital signage installations is that they can actually become overbearing in places where they are too common. This means that attracting the attention of your audience becomes more difficult. Luckily, you can repurpose your digital signage strategy in a way that will still promote your business but will also bring awareness to your cause and your content. For example, if your business supports a non-profit organization helping homeless people, you could incorporate that into your content marketing and digital signage marketing.
- Putting Forward Content That Is Socially Relevant: As mentioned above, you need to find something important to focus the attention of your audience on rather than only trying to market yourself and your business. Think about the content you can put forward that will be socially relevant to your audience. Are they concerned with the prices for the kinds of products you sell? Offer them a discount! Are they wondering whether there is animal abuse involved when making your products? Have your business tested and officially label your products as animal cruelty-free (then, promote this aspect in your marketing)!
- Creating A More Professional Brand Profile: Proper marketing is actually the foundation of your brand identity and brand image. This is why it is so important to keep in mind that when you combine digital signage marketing and content marketing, you can actually create a more professional brand profile. Improving your reputation will impact the way your competitors and your audience see you making you a way more serious business on the market that is serious about what it does and wants to improve the world (while also selling its products or services).
How Can You Use Mind Mapping for Content Marketing?
Lastly, it is important to understand how to use mind mapping for content marketing which you will then use for digital signage. Here are some ways you can use mind mapping for content marketing:
- For Brainstorming Ideas: The most obvious way how you can use mind mapping to improve your content marketing and digital signage marketing is by brainstorming ideas. You can take a general topic and then move out to more specific subtopics and themes that you want your digital signage installations and online content you publish to cover.
- For Creating Outlines for Content: Next, you can also use mind mapping to create outlines for your content. For instance, once you have chosen a specific topic to cover, there are still different points within you will want to go through. By using a mind map, you will get a general idea about the outline or structure of your content.
- For Creating Checklists and Templates for Various Processes: In addition to that, you can use mind mapping to create checklists and templates for various purposes. Imagine that you want to provide your audience with a free checklist of your products they need for their kitchen. You can then use a mind map to select all of these products one by one.
- For Repurposing Old Content into New One: Lastly, you can use mind maps to repurpose old content into new one. You can do this just for your content marketing and you can do this for digital signage marketing. If you have an old article about how to complete a nighttime skincare routine with your products but you have released new products by this point, you can use a mind map to recycle the old article and add new products to it.
All in all, digital signage and content marketing can work hand in hand if you know how to use them correctly. Read this article carefully and take notes before deciding how you will mix the two my using mind maps.
Jamie Fry – Purposeful and promising author. Confidently goes to his goal. He has a talent for writing original content. The main conviction in his life: «To be the best in the field in which you are developing». Always in search of fresh ideas.