Rexly – Doc’s
Please find the documentation of our Rexly theme. You could use the quick links below to get the doc you want easily.
Quick Start Guide
Before starting, make sure that you have WordPress 4.5 or higher installed & PHP 5.3 or higher running on your hosting server to use Rexly theme.
1. Install Theme
1.1 Using WordPress Dashboard:
Dashboard > Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload theme > Choose file (zip) > Install & activate.
1.2 Using FTP Client:
- Access & navigate your web server to wp-content > themes (this folder contains all your themes) using a FTP client like FileZilla or any other you like.
- Download & Unzip Rexly theme.
- Upload the entire folder to the wp-content > themes directory in your web server using the FTP client.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard > Appearance > Themes.
- Click Install > Activate.
2. Install Plugins
Install the required plugins. After theme activation, you will see a notification above of your dashboard about it. Follow the steps from there to install those plugins.
Importing Demo Data
Importing demo content is totally optional step. You should do this only if you want to import all the demo content from our demo site in order to give your site exactly the same look as Rexly Pro has. Make sure to install all required/recommended plugins before importing demo content. No images are included in the demo, instead you will get placeholders. Please follow the steps below.
- Install & activate the One Click Demo Import plugin.
- Go to Appearance > Import Demo Data > Click Import Demo Data & wait to complete.
- Go to Settings > Reading > Set Home (imported by the demo content) as your static front page & save.
- Go to Appearance > Menu > Assign Home Menu (imported by the demo content) to the Home Menu. (see header setup for more details)
After importing completed, you can remove the plugin (One Click Demo Import) as you don’t need it anymore.
Front page setup
In order to setup the front page you need to create a page first.
1. Go to Pages > Add New
2. Give it a name (ex: Home) > assign this page to the Front Page template (find the template in your editor right side Page Attributes box ).
Note: You could leave the Posts page as it is. Setting up the blog page is optional, you do this if you want to display your blog posts on a separate page (not in your site homepage).
Logo / Favicon Setup
WordPress provides logo , site title & site icon (favicon) uploaders by default & Rexly fully supports them. Follow the steps below.
1. Go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity
2. Add your logo (suggested: 156px width, 150px height), site title, & site icon (favicon).
3. Save & publish.
Note: By default site title will appear as your logo text, if you want to use an image logo then upload your logo through the logo uploader.
Header & Menu Setup
Rexly supports two custom menus, one is for only frontpage custom template ( Home Menu ) & another one is for all other pages ( Global Menu ). In order to setup header & menu please follow the steps below:
Go to Appearance > Menus > Create new menu > Assign menu items to the Home Menu .
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Header > Add header image ( best image size: 2100×1280) , texts & buttons.
Note: Header image will appear only front page custom template & blog listing page.
About us Setup
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page > About
- Upload image, title & description.
Note: Pro version offers a extra welcome section where you could display welcome title, welcome item boxes & description.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page > Counter
- Add counters, background image & background repeat, & overlay color.
- Go to Dashboard > Services > Add your services
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page > Services
- Add title, description & other options like how many services you want to display, display order etc.
Callout Action Setup
Follow the steps below to configure the Callout Action section.
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Front Page > Callout Action.
- Add your callout texts, button & background image.
- Go to Dashboard > Portfolios > Add your portfolios (Recommended featured image: 640 x 426, please use same size images for all portfolios)
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page > Portfolio > Add title, description & other settings like display count, display order etc.
Pricing Table Setup
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page > Pricing Tables
- Add section title, description & tables.
Team Members Setup
- Go to Dashboard > Team Members > Add your team members
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page > Team Members
- Add section title, description, team members, display count, display order etc.
Note: Best team member featured image size is: 235×235
- Go to Dashboard > Testimonials > Add your testimonials
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page > Testimonials > Add title, display count, display order, background image etc.
Note: Best testimonial featured image size is: 107×107
Clients Logo Setup
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page > Clients Logo
- Add section title, description, logos & logo slide configurations.
Front Page Blog Setup
Follow the steps below to configure front page blog section. Not that, these settings are only for front page blog section not the blog post listing or archive page. See Blog setup instead for that.
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Front Page > Blog
- Configure the options according to your needs such as section title, description, display count, display count, enable/disable options.
Address & Contact form setup
Follow the steps below to configure Address section.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page > Contact
- Add background image & address contents.
Make sure to install & activate all the required/recommended plugins first.
1. Go to Dashboard > Contact > Add New ( Contact form 7 plugin need to be installed & activated ).
3. You will get a shortcode after saving your form (see screenshot below), Go to Dashboard > Customize > Front Page > Contact > Scroll down to the bottom to add title & the form shortcode that you have just generated using the Contact Form 7 plugin & save.
Google Map Setup
Follow the steps below to configure Google Map.
1. Go to Google Maps > Put your address > get your map embed code ( find the share icon & click, click on Embed map & copy the code.)
2. Go to Dashboard > Customize > Front Page > Google Map > Google map embed code > Put your map code in the code editor & save.
In this section you could configure your blog listing page setting such as blog layout ( right sidebar, left sidebar, no sidebar & fullwidth ), enable/disable post meta options etc. You can add a title bar on all blog listing pages including archive, search etc pages.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Blog > setup the options according to your needs.
Note: Default featured image size is 1280×940.
In this panel you will find some useful setting options for Rexly theme. See those option details.
1. Go to Appearance > Customize > General Settings.
- Site Color Scheme: Theme color scheme option.
- Disable header search icon.
- Preloader: Enable/disable Preloader.
- Scroll top: Enable/disable scroll top.
- Homepage menu target links: Use these target links for homepage menu for smoothly scroll to each section.
- Font-awesome: Enable/disable font-awesome styles.
- RTL: Enable/disable RTL ( right to left text).
Rexly is fully supported by the WooCommerce plugin & provides some options to configure it’s look. You need to install & activate WooCommerce plugin in order to see this options. Follow the steps
- Go to Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce
- Setup shop layout, shop column, enable/disable options etc.
Note: To add widgets in shop sidebar go to Appearance > Widgets > Shop Sidebar
Reorder Front Page Sections
Each front page section has enable/disable option in the customizer which you could use to enable or disable your desire sections. But if you want to do something more & want to reorder sections then you could do that by using a child theme.
Why should I use child theme? Good question, using a child theme is highly recommended if you want to change or modify theme core files. This way you never lose your changes when we send you theme updates. Read more about child theme.
Download rexly-pro-child theme first & follow the steps below.
- Open the file front-page.php in your preferrable text editor.
- Re-order the lines there according to your liking & save file.
- Install the child theme in same way you did for the parent theme (See quick start guide).
Rexly packed with a language file called rexly-pro.pot in the languages folder for localization. Follow the steps below to translate Rexly.
- Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New
- Search for Loco Translate plugin in the search field
- Click Install Now > Activate
- Go to Loco Template > Themes > Click on your theme > New Language
- Choose a language > Start Translating
- Translate each line > Save Changes
- Go to Dashboard > Settings > General > Site Language
- Change your site language & save.
We’re sharing web design resources for designers, developers & entrepreneurs so that they could find the right resources for their projects.